Now recruiting: junior architectural technician and estimator
Due to ongoing business expansion we’re recruiting for a junior architectural technician and estimator to join our well-established, award-winning façade design and engineering business.
Based in Reading, you will work with the UK Technical Manager to support all pre and post sales project implementation across a variety of sectors including; education, retail, residential, health and public sector.
- Provide appropriate levels of architectural design to a range of different materials and building types
- Communicate and collaborate with technicians, architects, clients, contractors and suppliers – some who may be external to the company and/or from other architectural/construction disciplines
- Attend internal and external meetings, and represent the company when required
- Be responsible for assisting in developing high quality, accurate and detailed design packages
- Develop internal and client-facing project costing estimates.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is able to analyse high-level technical information and translate that into comprehensive, yet clear architectural drawings and cost estimates
- Is able to work within a multi-discipline team and with external teams
- Has excellent attention to detail and who produces accurate work first time
- Is an able and confident communicator with a professional manner
- Has a problem solving attitude
- Has prior experience of developing accurate and detailed estimates, or has QS knowledge/experience
- Can speak a second language – Italian or Spanish preferably (not essential, but desirable)
- Is proficient in CAD or Revit (or both!) and who has excellent Ms Office skills (Word and Excel).
Salary dependent on experience.
If you think you’ve got what it takes or would like to know more about the role, please send your CV and one page (max) covering letter to email@example.com
We’re an equal opportunities employer and pride ourselves on treating everyone as we would wish to be treated ourselves – and expect our employees to do the same. If you require any assistance during the interview process, please don’t hesitate to ask us – all requests will be handled in confidence.